Exprexxo Thoughts

There are no S's in Exprexxo!

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I got to fly on Einstein's airplane....

I was flying ABQ to PDX when I saw a plane paralleling us. It was down several thousand feet and a couple miles off the right side so I had a great view of it. It was perfectly still and stayed so for nearly 20 minutes. When I looked at it, I could see that the earth and clouds were 'moving' at ~500mph. Then another plane came by my window and the other 'stationary' plane. It blew by at about ~1000mph and did not break the sound barrier! To set the mood even better, I had just finished reading some Pratchett where he spoofed physicists. I was sure if I closed my eyes I would have seen a bike and a train out Einstein's train window. It was all relative, but you would have to have been there to get the perspective. I smiled with appreciation for that young man's inquiring thoughts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home